The Fairmount Heritage Foundation (FHF) was founded in 2001 by preservationists, horticulturists, historians, concerned citizens, and Fairmount Cemetery Company to protect the heritage of Riverside and Fairmount for future generations.
The Fairmount Heritage Foundation is a founding member of the Colorado Historic Cemetery Association. We work collaboratively with historic cemeteries throughout Colorado to raise awareness about the need to protect and preserve these heritage gems.
FHF offers free educational programs to schools including history, genealogy, and horticulture; in 2013 we had over 2800 student visitors. Our monument preservation program, the only one in Denver, is led by professional preservationists; our horticulture programs include the Riverside Revival, an effort to develop an environmentally sustainable landscape and the Fairmount Arboretum Preservation Project.
A volunteer-driven organization, FHF is an excellent example of what community collaboration can accomplish. We depend on membership fees, donations and corporate support to fund our education and preservation efforts.
To find out more, take a tour, or make a donation, please contact Onda Estep at 303.399.0692 Established to preserve protect and main the history and educational advantages of Fairmount and Riverside, the Fairmount Heritage Foundation is an important part of the Fairmount family.
Become a Member
“Find your place in history, join The Fairmount Heritage Foundation”
Benefits of Membership
- Priority access on selected tours
- Special discounts at our annual rose sale
- Free gift with specific membership levels
- Discounts on our numerous books and pamphlets
- Discounts on our tours and other events
- Free tour for family and friends with specific membership levels
- Free tickets to our annual foundation member’s tour
- Help us preserve the history of our incredible state
We would be honored if you choose to join the foundation as we strive to preserve the history, education, and horticulture of our cemeteries.
Riverside is the oldest operating cemetery in Denver and the final resting place of many of Denver’s pioneers. Fairmount is considered by many historians to be the most beautiful and prestigious cemetery in the state. It contains the state’s largest arboretum, including an internationally known collection of “old garden roses.” The cemetery is the final resting place for many of Denver’s founding families. From the beginning, both cemeteries have existed to serve the diversity of our metro community.
Support the Fairmount Heritage Foundation
Individual membership: $50 a year
- Membership for one
- Advance notice about all our events
- Your choice of one of our tours for you and 5 friends (Note: History/Mystery not included)
Family Membership: $100 a year
- All the benefits of Individual Membership plus
- One free rose bush at our annual Rose sale or a free history mystery tee shirt
- Private tour for up to 10 people (Note: History/Mystery not included)
Supporters and Patrons Membership: $300 a year
- All the benefits of Family Membership plus
- Your choice of two free history mystery tee shirts, or a copy of our History of Riverside Cemetery book
- 2 roses at our Annual Rose sale
- Private tour for up to 20 people (Note: History/Mystery not included)
Corporate Membership: $499 a year
- All the benefits of Supporters and Patrons plus
- Two roses at the Annual Rose sale. They make great gifts!
- Two tickets for one of our annual History Mystery tours at either of our cemeteries
- Private tour for you and up to 40 people including coffee, iced tea and cookies for your team (Note: History/Mystery not included)